With days passing by, there seems to be a steep rise in pollution causing severe harm to the environment. As a result of this, a shift in the way we look at transportation is imminent. The inclination today is towards eco friendly vehicles. As a result, progress calls for invention and innovation and the world of cycling has evolved a lot. Let us take a ride through the few best innovations that will compel you to take up cycling.
- E-bikes: When you hear e-bikes, the first thing that strikes you might be that it is something related to motor bike or scooter, but actually they are pretty much same as the regular bicycles, with just a few additional electrical components. The electrical components are there, but the use is pretty much like that of a normal cycle, where the rider has to pedal and manage the handle of the cycle. The e-bikes come in handy when riding through hills or on inclined slopes.
- Scoot Bikes: The hardest thing for a beginner is to learn to balance the cycle while riding and if the rider has mastered that, he has pretty much everything under control. The scoot bikes are invented to help learn balance in cycle. The design of the product is very intriguing. It is a scooter but with no pedals, chains or gears such that one may learn to balance easily and take up riding cycles early. This was especially designed for kids, but it comes as a huge boost for all kinds of beginners.
- Snap on indicators: A lot of cyclists have gotten used to using head and rear lights on their cycles, but the snap on indicators have kind of taken riding cycles to another level. The design is pretty simple and interesting-an aluminium mount onto the end of your handlebars, and then magnetically ‘snap’ an amber light on to each end. Before you make a turn you tap the end of the relevant handlebar to turn your ‘indicator’ on, then tap it back off again after you’ve turned. This technology helps the riders feel safe while riding bicycles amongst all the other motor vehicles without having to be worried if the driver behind has taken note of your signal to take a change in direction.
- Single convertible bikes: There are many bicycles inventions that have been made over the years but this definitely is the one that seems striking to the consumers. Single convertible bikes are basically bicycles with more than one seat and that have more than one rider- where all the riders can pedal the same cycle at the same time. This can be the innovation that every couple has long waited for!
- Turn signaling gloves: This is yet another invention that helps the cyclist ride safely on roads amongst busy vehicles that race to reach their destination. It often happens that in the dark while riding a bicycle, your hand signals go unnoticed- this may result in danger for the rider. These gloves are designed especially so that the hand signals are noticed by the riders behind. The back of each glove contains a waterproof array of high-intensity LEDs arranged to form a blinking directional arrow. The lights are activated by touching a pair of metal contacts together – one on the inside of the glove’s thumb, and one on the inside of its index finger.
These are just a few of the marvelous innovations or inventions that the cycling world has seen and the list is so huge that it would be difficult to sum up in a single list. These inventions are made with the sole intention of making cycling more fun and exciting. Yulu has taken the same initiative in India and works towards making cycle the primary means of short distance commute in India. Yulu has equipped the cycles with modern technology to track the them and digital locks to prevent them from being stolen. Yulu looks forward to equipping the cycles with further advanced technology for the benefit of the riders. So, while we make your cycle rides better and more innovative, you can help the cause of promoting eco vehicles in our country that will benefit the environment. Try cycling with us- all you need to do is rent a cycle using our app and pedal the change.