Cycling is a great mode of commute but when it comes to larger cities, cars and buses take up all the space and fuel. Promoting cycling as a major mode of commute in big cities would resolve this issue and help build a better and greener environment for everyone living in it. But before you begin with it, you have to make sure to get as many ticks as possible on this cycling checklist- as it is the ultimate guide to cycling attire and safety accessories that you may need on the road.
- Jersey: Wearing a long sleeved jersey is a very sensible option when you go cycling as it would help in keeping the sun off during summers and keep you warm during winters. Besides, it is more breathable with its moisture- wicking fabrics. You can accompany the jersey with bike shorts as ideal wear for cycling.
- Packable Raincoats: The unpredictable weather calls for some precaution and it is safe to have a packable raincoat at your disposal which you can wear to save yourself from the rain anytime while cycling.
- Hat and Sunglasses: It is always advisable to go cycling wearing your hat and sunglasses. They will protect you from the severe heat and keep your body temperature normal. You might want to carry water bottles with you as well to keep yourself hydrated.
- Gloves: If you plan to pedal for a long time, it is best you wear gloves as it would help avoid blisters, gives a stronger grip on the handle bars and protect your hands in case of a crash. It also keeps your hands warm for full control in the chilly weather.
- Helmet: You never know the future and you would want to be prepared in terms of safety from any kind of accident and the helmet will protect your head in those situations. It is never safe to ride without wearing a helmet.
- Puncture repair kit: When you are taking up cycling, be aware of the fact that punctures in the tyre is not a very rare incident. You must learn how to repair punctures. Carry a puncture repair kit with you. If possible, do carry a mini pump also, and fill your tyres with air whenever you need it.
- Lights: It is very essential to carry a torchlight with you or have any source of light at your disposal if you are going to cycle in the dark or the night hours. The lights will help you stay safe and keep you seen in the dark.
We have covered all the essential accessories and utilities you will need to get pedaling your way. If your travel distance is less and there are cycle repair shops on your way, you may skip the puncture repair kit and the mini pump, else do carry it with you. Yulu brings forward to you its initiative of making this country a greener place to live in and make the roads congestion free by promoting cycles as a mode of commute. All you’ve got to do is scan and rent a bicycle using the Yulu app and make sure you check all the boxes in the cycling checklist we have provided above, and Pedal the Change.