Cycling is not only a means to have fun but also one of the best means to exercise. Cycling, like swimming, benefits your body a lot and you indeed experience a lot of fun riding and getting fit. But cycling often becomes an unwanted nightmare for those who sustain any form of injury, especially leg injury. Cycling needs your mind and leg to coordinate simultaneously and the injury makes that difficult and hence it becomes really difficult to pedal like before sustaining injury. But there is no reason to worry as we are here to provide you with a guideline that will help you ride your bicycles and have as much fun you had before sustaining the injury. After recovering from the injury, be it a week or a month or a year, the feeling can be immense, but you need to be careful in managing it in the best way.
- After a break from cycling, the body will have lost the top end speed in you and the endurance will also decline steadily after two or more weeks. But what is lost can be regained. Do not push yourself too hard and start by riding for shorter distances.
- Be careful in setting your goals early. Do not give yourself false hopes that may cause the relapse of the injury. Be calm and composed and ride regularly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Consider cross-training to maintain basic aerobic fitness before you hop on to your bicycle and begin your ride. Swimming is one such exercise that will help you recover your fitness faster.
- Make sure that your leg injury has not caused any imbalance between the injured leg and the other. If you feel so, the gym is always a place where you can recover the balance between the two legs with some leg exercises.
- If you are returning from an injury caused by an accident, it may be a bit traumatic for you to begin cycling on congested roads. Start again from the basic by training for a few days in playgrounds and then take your ride to the roads. The psychology of the rider should never be undermined.
- Once you have eased into cycling after recovering from injury, you can start adding a bit of tempo to your rides every week by increasing the distance of travel or the time or the intensity.
- If at any point of time you feel that you are reliving the pain in the injured leg or the injured leg shows any kind of symptoms like swelling or any other kind, immediately reduce your intensity and visit a doctor at the earliest and consult a doctor. After all, you can easily push your recovery date behind by pushing through the pain at the wrong time.
Cycling is as fun as it sounds. It is after all one of the very few exercises that relaxes your mind and improves your muscle coordination and reflexes. Sustaining an injury is normal. We understand that it becomes really difficult to resist yourselves from cycling, but you need to understand that it is necessary to avoid relapse. So just hold back for a few weeks on your intensity and ride with joy. Yulu brings to you the joy of cycling by providing cycles for rent at cheap rates and hopes that no injury stops you from enjoying this beautiful sport.